Memoirs of a Mom


There are a ton of articles/blogs/specials that spout the different descriptions of moms. I believe that you may not always fit the same description for all of your mom-hood. At least I hope not...
Yes, I will admit that I may look like I have it together on a Sunday morning. All dressed up and makeup on I can hit the stage or join in the crowd. Truth be told, Monday-Saturday I am "hot mess mom". Good ole no pants wearin, anti bra protester, and hair in a frizz bun mom.

Common questions arise:
Did I put on deodorant this morning?
When was the last time I had a shower?
What is that on my shirt? 
Which kid is this from?

On and on. I know what you're thinking. This girl is disgusting. No no no, I'm really not all that gross.....I think. A lot of this stems from an insane 2 year old. I believe his brain really does think faster than mine! He can make five messes faster than I can clean one up. Both kids love to sync their pooping schedules to make mommy change the max number of poopiness in one day! So the mix of Captain Insano (Jude) & Super Needy Man (Graham) has me dubbed Hot Mess Mom :).


So today of all glorious days I get the chance at a bath! *Queue the hallelujah chorus*
It is 8pm, Graham is sleeping, and Jude is whining in his crib (about to be sleeping). Now is my time!!! I run the glorious near scalding water because that's the way I like it! I even add bath salts because I'm getting fancy with it!! I sit down and think to myself "I may even get to shave my legs"

It is 8:15 pm, Graham was faking, and Jude is still whining in his crib. *Hallelujah died* I knew that in about 5 minutes Graham would be in full on panic because he:
a. Was hungry (even though I just fed him)
b. Had 2 drops of pee in his diaper
c. Just because he can
I then thought to myself "I better just wash myself off because shaving is a luxury I can't afford"


Sitting here in bed at 10:50 pm, Graham is finally asleep (for real), and Jude is asleep as well. I could get back in that tub and go for the luxury, but really I can't because I only have 3 max hours of sleep I can attain between now and the next wake up! Sleep will always be greater than luxury items. So adios world. Hopefully I can reach for one of the luxuries tomorrow, or the next day....

- Meagan (HOT MESS MOM)

Comments