Mommies blog, I guess that's me!


I love to write, and I always wanted to be a "successful" blogger. What I mean by successful in this case is consistent. I started this blog page last year I believe. (It's been so long I don't remember) At best my posting was sporadic. I facebook well, but I have so much more than I can type in a tiny status update. I am assuming with my new little guy that my stories will only grow in number. Therefore, today I am attempting to be a "successful" blogger, not because I think people will necessarily care what I have to say, but because I have something to say and I love to share my life! What better way to re-enter the blogging world then under the image of mom blogger because #momlife 

I thought my first post should be a little light seeing as Jude is napping and I really need to be doing something productive in the house. (LAME!) 

This morning has been beautiful! Jude is on his usual schedule of EAT/POOP/SLEEP, and I thought to myself, "I'm ready to be me again" "I'm ready to take me back". I am 5 weeks post c-section, which I will blog about later, and there isn't much I am supposed to do yet. When I think of working out I think of balls to the walls, sweat pouring, butt kicking extremes! This morning I walked...yup that it, I just walked. Pre-walk I thought, "I can't even count this as a workout, but I have to start somewhere". During the walk, my tune changed. 20 minutes in my legs were becoming jello-ish. Was this real life? I never felt so puny and pathetic in my life. 30 total minutes of walking had never been so difficult. I remind myself that not only did I go through 9 months of pregnancy, that I had also had a major surgery disabling me for the past 5 weeks. As difficult as it was, I enjoyed it. It made me realize 2 things.

First off, I have to start somewhere and that somewhere has to be doable. My idea of working out isn't possible for me at this point, but I will be back there again! I really love intense workout, but now I have to learn to enjoy the small steps. 

Secondly, I have grown an even greater appreciation for where I live. I love the Edwardsville area, and I just happen to live a couple minutes walk from the bike trails. Also, my entrance to the trails puts me in a part that is heavily shaded. Talk about awesome on a hot and muggy day! I thoroughly enjoyed my morning walk with my little dude on my journey to regaining a little bit of who I used to be. I know I will never be "fully" that person again, but thats ok. Who I will become is a much more exciting adventure. Here's a couple of shots from this morning!







Until next time!

Comments