I'm right, and you're wrong...


Many times we find ourselves at odds with each other, each believing that our perspective is the right one. Who wins? Does there have to be a winner and a loser? Does my opinion always have to be right?

These and many more are questions we ask ourselves. It is hard to always come to the conclusion of who's perspective is necessarily better than another's because of the different circumstances shaping that person. So what is my point in all of this? No matter what one opinion vs. another opinion turns out to be, we must learn to handle situations with love. I am not always right, nor will I ever be.

Maybe you may be feeling very strongly about, let's just use for example, "rock-climbing". You feel that within every part of your being that "rock-climbing" should be a certain way. You may even believe this so deeply that it hurts to think of it being any other way then what is in your thoughts. It is just wrong!! Nobody will listen to you because they simply don't agree with your perspective. What a difficult situation!

This happens so much in the church, and it causes many to leave under terrible emotional circumstances. Sometimes even I myself have been in these emotional predicaments. Here is what I have learned. Our God is a BIG God and He isn't going to stand for shenanigans in a church that loves Him :). So maybe sometimes we need to trust in those He has appointed as our leaders. Also, in these times we need to bury ourselves in the Word, and prayer. Our emotions may be valid, but let's make sure our actions are also valid.

So next time think of this small phrase when you are feeling passionate about your stance, which I am sure (seriously sarcasm aside) that is a valid and important stance, think of this phrase. 

"God, If I am wrong then change my attitude, if I am right then change my situation."

Let Him fight your battles, and then you will realize they weren't yours to fight in the first place :)

Just my heart for today! Love each other!!

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. (Romans 12:2)


Comments